Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Yay for Jesus... and Mike Haman, too!!!

So we had one of the craziest weekends ever, but we survived and even grew closer through the craziness. My baby played his heart out in 3 games of softball on Sunday, and his team won every single game!! I was a great cheerleader til I slipped in some water and tore my knee up. I got my bruises and blood on me in 3 seconds than my honey got in 3 games. I'm a klutz, but he loves me :)

So, there are quite a few benfits of working for the most amazing pastor on the planet.
Yesterday I was a little down about some family drama and I texted Mike for some prayers. He returned with such a good Word for me. He told me to read Psalm 27:13. I went on to read the entire chapter, but I found verses 11-14 especially relevant in my hardship. " (11)Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. (12)Do not turn me over to the desire of my foes, for false witnesses rise up against me, breathing out violence. (13)I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. (14) Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

I just pray that God continues to keep me from the way of the world- not retaliating when others hurt me or my family, but treating them with grace, mercy, and love as Jesus did. I am still confident that I will see the goodness of the Lord, despite all the attacks of the enemy. Waiting is so difficult, but I will continue to wait on the Lord and His timing. I will learn from every situation.

This entire chapter is slammin' and I recommend everyone read it when hard times come upon us. Like John 10:10 says- the Devil wants to steal, kill, and destroy- but God wants us to have the fullest life. Sometimes a full life consists of many hard learning experiences, but we grow and become more like Him with every trial and persecution. Even when more attacks came last night from a different angle, I decided to keep my peace and wait on the Lord. I can't help but praise God in this season. And yay for Mike Haman, too!

No comments: