Tuesday, August 08, 2006

5 new dresses!

Ok, so I am perhaps just a little bit spoiled, but I have seen much more extreme cases. My lovely mother bought me 5 new dresses this weekend to wear to wedding events, showers, etc. Two were massively on sale, and the other 3 were very reasonably priced- so don't go thinkin' I spent 250 per dress or anything. However, I did discover every overpriced clothing store in Baton Rouge this weekend- Currie, BeBe, Aimee's, and Eros to name a few. Eros had a shirt that was almost 1200 dollars- for a SHIRT! I mean I know Baton Rouge is "up & coming" and that's great, but who really buys that stuff!?
However, I did discover this great boutique "Wish" in Towne Center. I saw the Rizzo ladies in there, too, which was an added bonus. The music was a little loud and sometimes inappropriate, but the customer service was decent and the prices are great. There's also this place "Hemline" out here by the church. They were SO nice in there you just want to buy the entire store! It's a little pricier, but they have some reasonable stuff and great staff.
Anyway, I gotta give a little shout-out to Mike Haman for preaching about Relevance in the weekend services. It was very similar to the sermon preached last Wednesday at Late Nite, but he gave it more of a general audience feel, and everyone I've talked to really enjoyed it. This is a very important message and I am glad he helped get it out.
Until tomorrow... unless something cool happens today....

No comments: