Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Spirit-filled, out of control, amazing God weekend!!!

Ok, so I may have never had a more spiritual weekend in my life as I had this weekend. Friday and Saturday we were at the Student Ministries Leaders Retreat in New Orleans. We had an amazing night of worship, prayer, and ministry Friday night. Saturday morning we heard incredible teachings from Pastors Johnny Green and Mike Haman.

Then, I was able to work all the weekend services, which were each unique and powerful in their own way. At all the services we prayed over children, students, administrators, teachers, and school faculty. We prayed for over 1000 kids this weekend, and I felt so blessed to be able to be a part of such a huge event in the lives of these boys and girls. It's great to be a part of a church that calls the kids on stage during service and after a blessing, gets the youth up there to jump around and lead some more worship.I love this place.

Saturday night Pastor Dino gave a great Word, and even used me and Chris as an inspiration. He spoke about why we do what we do- that we do it "For Them." HPCers before us did it for people like us, who met at church, fell in love, and now serve alongside each other. Our heart and passion For Them came from the people before us. It was a great Word.

Sunday morning we had 3 completely different services. At all the services, the altars were full after worship- people got healed, freed from bondages, lies from the Devil... many just experienced the awesome presence of the Lord. I have never felt so close to God. He revealed to me many things that I have been harboring that I thought I had let go of- things that I am not proud of feeling. I want to walk in the promises of God, and I now fully realize how much I truly have to die to myself every minute of every day in order to fully experience what He has for me.
It was a very humbling weekend, and definitely one I will not soon forget...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan once again you have made me realize there is more that needs to be done for God's children. Just by reading over some of your blogs, I have realized that I have been a slacker.... not in my love for the children, because you know how I love taking care of the 3 year olds in the nursery, but in the way God spoke to me of helping the sick. This area I have slacked. I know the plans God gave me during Elevate, and I have not done anything for the sick duing the summer, but once again your words have shown me What I need to do. I want to thank you again for being a friend when I needed one. I am so amazed at how much you have grown since I first met you. I see how God is using you from the things you learned. Keep doing the things you are doing and you will go far. I love you like one of my own children. Good luck to both of you in your marriage. I know God has great plans for both of you.