Friday, August 18, 2006

Beautiful Morning- no, not the CD

So, this morning after a great time of prayer, worship, and communion, I went to Kristin's house for a little pow-wow... and OH was it necessary! I have been really stressed out lately- and just not myself- and I had to get to the bottom of it. We talked for over an hour and I realized that I haven't completely dealt with some issues from my past and the enemy had been using them to torture me in an attempt to steal my joy, destroy my most vital relationships, and ultimately ruin my life. Well, sorry SUCKER! Kristin loves me and is honest with me and showed me how selfish I have been about the wedding. I have been thinking of others, but in reality, the final decisions were all about what's best for ME. God hasn't been able to pour his blessing into the ceremony because I haven't let Him take control of it. I have been expecting more out of Chris than any human can give and stopped fully relying on God... that all changed this morning and it was a
BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!!!!

1 comment:

Gered Lambert said...

Hey Meg,

Love this post!! This is evidence of growing and taking it to the next level! Kristin is great, she's really been a good friend to Brandi, and by default, me. You know, when mama's happy.....

Although the ceremony will be special and beautiful, I will challenge you and Chris to look past that "one day", and start working on the long term. After all, every divorce began with a ceremony. Invest for the long term, not the short term.

Ya'll will do great, both of you have already hit the ground running. We're expecting great things out of the Matts!

God Bless