Thursday, August 10, 2006

An update


This week, Chris and I stepped down from leadership at Pathfinders. It was a very difficult decision to make, but we have felt total peace about it from the beginning. We will miss both the kids and the leaders, but we know that God has called us to put our marriage as top priority right now. We want to serve more fervently with Late Nite, and with our schedules, we had to let go of something. It was weird coming home last night and eating dinner with Chris on a Wednesday night. I don't even remember what that was like. I already miss my kids- they have all touched my heart and my ministry... and Becca will always be my little sister!
Tyler and Crystal were so kind and released us with full confidence that our ministry and marriage will flourish. Those guys truly live their motto- Stand up. Stand out. Change the World. It was an honor to work with them and serve alongside all the leaders. They have all been such a blessing to us.

P.S. I love Chris Matt!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Gered Lambert said...

Deuteronomy 24:5 - "A newly married man must not be drafted into the army or given any other special responsibilities. He must be free to be at home for one year, bringing happiness to the wife he has married."

You guys are the BOMB! I think this was a very wise decision. This is something we encourage couples to consider in premarital mentoring. I believe this choice and renting versus buying will bring more stability and joy to your marriage. God will open doors for you guys, just watch.

Stay on the course guys! God's way is the best way!

P.S. I'm taking care of that issue we talked about right now. (wink)