Friday, June 16, 2006

The much anticipated first post...

Ok here it is, for those of you who have wondered why it says meghan and chris and it seems to be just meghan... wonder no longer. this is Chris and I'm finally posting something. Over the past 3-4 days I've been challenged to live a life of excellence. It especially hit me this morning after leaving Mike's bible study on leadership and living a life of holiness, I walked into work and a few minutes later had to sit in on one of our frequent district-wide conference calls where the entire district was reamed for not selling enough, it hit me. Why do we settle for the status quo? Why do we settle for second best? God has an amazing plan for us and when we settle for status quo we miss the amazing life He has for us. We are all his children and He wants all of us to live a life so much greater than this world has to offer. We have to be intentional about things. In order to live a life of excellence, we must seek after God with 1000% of our strength. We must never be satisfied. We must always be growing and moving forward. So from this day on I will no longer live the comfortable life. I will be stretched! I will go higher than I ever have before! I will not settle for the status quo anymore in my life! It's time to live a life of purpose and walk in the destiny God has for me! Who will live a life of purpose w/ me? Who will leave the status quo behind?

No comments: