Friday, June 09, 2006

God is good

This darn website has been down so I haven't been able to tell you all about the great things that have been happening!
Yesterday at staff meeting Pastor Dino brought such a strong Word. He spoke about his experience in Italy in Paul's prison cell by St. Peter's Square. He had journaled some killer thoughts and shared them with us in the form of a 2 Timothy checklist. They were things that Paul required of Timothy then and Jesus requires of us now and they were incredible!!! He ended with a challenge that will stay with me for a very long time. He said that if you don't serve, live, and die with passion, then do the martyrs before you a favor and quit ministry. So many people before us have shed blood for the cause of Christ- including Jesus himself- and it is a travesty that we would neglect the call on our lives!! Chuck Swindall says that 1.5 million Christians were martyred in the 300 years before Constantine! That number alone should inspire us to work harder to populate Heaven and plunder Hell!!! It was an incredible message and I am so thankful to serve under a pastor who motivates me every minute of every day.
But wait, it gets better!!! After the message we entered into worship again. Delynn felt after a couple songs that some people were going through some things and needed prayer, and I immediately felt the pull to go down to the altar. While there, I finally gave all my family issues to the Lord that I have been dealing with for 10 years. In ten minutes, He restored my heart. He is so good!!! I left that altar determined to be the solution to my blended family issues instead of the problem. I sent my step-father and step-sister seperate emails detailing how I felt. I told them I wanted to not only accept that we are a family, but begin to embrace it. My step-dad returned with a phone call and now we are on the fast-track to truly being a happy family and it feels AMAZING!!!
Then, last night I got to go eat with Darnelle, Katie, and LB and had SUCH a blast! I love those girls. I could have sat there all night and talked and laughed with them. I can't wait to do it again soon!!!!
Ok, that was all yesterday, so it's time to go and experience today! Chris comes home tonight and I am PUMPED!!!

No comments: