Thursday, March 29, 2007

Urgent Prayer Needs

I know that there are millions of prayer needs out there right now, but I have a few I would love for you to join in with me for:

1. Bob Engram: God pulled him through his 12 hour surgery yesterday and He gets all the glory. Mr. Engram had a huge tumor in his throat and during surgery they had to remove some vital things, leaving him to speak with a voice box the rest of his life. His family is at his bedside and fighting over who gets to spend the most time with him. He is surrounded by love and knows that God is with him, but let's pray that the Lord's peace would just penetrate his hospital room and the hearts of those who love him!

2. The family of Melanie Moore: She passed away over the weekend from a brain aneurism. She was only in her 40s! She had been married and divorced twice when her daughter was killed in an awful car accident last year. She and her first husband (the child's father) reunited after her death and were remarried in August of last year. She was a teacher who impacted the lives of over 500 students. She was also our neighbor at my mom's home before she got married, and she blessed my mom's life tremendously. Her children and husband are devastated, so I pray that God's supernatural peace and comfort surround them. They have now lost two family members in just one year!

3. DeeDee Wilbert: Her only son, Drew, passed away this weekend at the age of 21. Mrs. Wilbert taught special-ed for many years, and she and my mom have been friends for ages. I had the privilege to teach with her at Broadmoor, and I know Drew had her heart. Please just join with me for her to have embrace the grace given to her by God so she can get through this terrible ordeal.

4. Tom Bell: He is a co-worker of my dad's and he fell down some stairs a couple hours ago and has slipped into a coma. Please pray for healing and restoration of his body and for his family to embrace God during this traumatic time.

Interesting how all of these prayer requests are for God's peace, comfort and grace. Isn't it good to know that He always offers them to us, but it's up to us to reach up and take hold of His promises for our lives?

No comments: