Friday, March 16, 2007

the Matts are in town!!!


We are SO excited that Chris' family is in town!!! We get to go hang out with them tonight in Slaughter, LA and then Lauren and Chase are coming over to spend the night with us! Tomorrow the parentals are coming to meet us and we are going shooting and hanging out most of the day. The trip will be MUCH too short, but I miss them A LOT and can't wait to spend as much time together as possible in the next 24 hours.


I had the opportunity yesterday afternoon to be part of the after-school program at the BR Dream Center and it was awesome. I had the pleasure of hanging out with an amazing 8 (going on 30) year old girl. She was sweet, well spoken, articulate, and has seen way too much violence at a young age. Her dad is in jail for killing two people, her brother is dead- victim of a shooting in the back as he tried to help a friend. Despite all this, she has big dreams for her life. I pray that God blesses me with the opportunity to positively affect her life and the lives of many other girls whose futures hang in the balance. Keep the BRDC in your prayers- God is doing huge things there and I am so honored to play even a tiny role.

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

Very cool!

We @ the book club life group help with the Jump start, preschool program on Wednesdays.

I have to say, I was so wishing I was off work on Thursdays so I could help with the after school thing. By next fall I will be cutting back my hours so I will be able to help then and I am so looking forward to it.