Thursday, March 01, 2007

the challenge... you up for it?

THIRTY-NINE... "Thirty-nine days til Easter, thirty-nine stripes our Lord took for us." That's one of the many great things Pastor Dino said this morning at staff meeting, but this one stuck. I pray that in the next thirty-nine days I put aside my role, my ego, my logo, my selfishness and go after THEM for HIM. His grace was ushered into my life, and it's my turn to help usher it into others' lives. For every stripe He took for me, I want to give something back to Him.

This is the time to step it up and lay it down. Step up our passion, our worship, our devotion, our love, our compassion, our sacrifice... and lay down our agenda, our selfishness, our pride, our egos, what we want... all to see the lost come to know their Savior. Jason said something really cool last night at One Way- there are about 22 prominent world religions. Almost all of them pray, they all have values and beliefs, most have been around for a long time... So what's different about ours? Christianity is the only one with a SAVIOR! And it's our turn to spread the Word!

What are you going to do in the next 39 days to make sure everyone knows about Him? As we worshiped last night, I looked around and felt overwhelmed with joy. In front of me stood pastors and worship leaders ushering in His presence. To my left was my mom, who just started coming to church with me a year or two ago, and is now such a testimony to the work of the Lord. Next to her was Krystle, my best friend of 10 years who has just rediscovered the love of Jesus in her life. On my right was my amazing husband- God's greatest gift to me. And next to Him stood two of our great friends, Robbie and Jason, who have helped shape him into the man of God that he is.

Someone came after all of us... who are you going after?

No comments: