Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Psalm 92

Lee Domingue dedicated his first book to his family and wrote something sweet about each of them. Of his wife, Laura, he wrote that she was his Cedar of Lebanon. Delynn has been stuck on the scripture Psalm 92:12-14 and has sited it the last few times I have heard her speak. Here's how is goes:"But the godly will flourish like palm trees and grow strong like the cedars of Lebanon. For they are transplanted to the Lord's own house. They flourish in the courts of our God. Even in old age, they will produce fruit."

Here's the significance: Palm trees are known for their long lives, so to flourish like them means to stand tall and live long. Cedars of Lebanon grew to 120 feet in height and up to 30 feet in circumference. They were solid, strong, and immovable. Those who place their faith firmly in God are upright, strong, and unmoved by the winds of circumstance. It refreshes me today to know that if I stay rooted in His Word and in His House, I will be able to stand strong and flourish, no matter what is thrown my way.

Last night I was reading over old notes and saw something that Zhenya Kasevich said in Late Nite. He was talking about faith, and said that God will sometimes give us problems so that we will spend more time with Him. While Elizabeth was doing flow at HPWomen, she reminded us that we don't have to always spend 3 hours a day in our prayer closet, but that we do need to regularly pause our lives and acknowledge God in our circumstance. I pray that I spend so much time with God that I become like a palm tree or a cedar or Lebanon, and that God doesn't have to give me problems just so that I will hang out with Him!!

No comments: