Monday, May 21, 2007

Do I love like this?

So, I am sitting at my girl LB's desk at the Annex before Women's Night, and she has Ephesians 5:33 taped onto her computer. As I read it, I was taken aback by the way I am commanded to love Chris, and how I too often fail.

Here's the whole verse from the Amplified Translation:
However, let each man of you [without exception] love his wife as [being in a sense] his very own self; and let the wife see that she respects and reverences her husband that she notices him, regards him, honors him, prefers him, venerates, and esteems him; and that she defers to him, praises him, and loves and admires him exceedingly].

Thank goodness for my eyes being opened to this verse. I love that the Amplified went into so much detail and really outlined how I should be living and loving. God is so cool... back to getting ready for service now. I already got some "rev" and church hasn't even begun yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yesssss!!I LOVE that verse!! It is such a good reminder of how we should love our "mens"!! :0)I'm glad it encouraged you!! love you