Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ten days of Thanks!

So, it's Day 10 of my new thankfulness habit formation (kinda of sounds like something geological, eh?) It's amazing how great things are when you see them from this perspective. Perspective can really change everything. As cheesy as it may be for me and as boring as it may be for you, listing things I am grateful for has really been amazing for my heart... and my brain. I suggest everyone do it a few times a week- and no repeating answers!

I am thankful for a mom who loves to come to my little apartment to hang out with me and my husband and tells me how great my cooking is (when it's terrible in comparison to hers, and after I had to call her 37 times to ask how to fix what I messed up while making it!)

I am thankful for a true ministry job, where ministry really, actually, truly comes first.

I am thankful that I get to listen to all the Elevaters preach- it's not only encouraging to see God speaking through them, but I learn a LOT from them.

I am thankful that we have bunches of Christmas parties to go to :)

I am thankful for the Home Depot gift cards Chris got at his honeydo shower because we got a great Christmas tree, wreath, and poinsetta- all for free!!

I am thankful that God hooks me up with free lunches and cool ways.

I am thankful for SALVATION! Guess that one should have been the very first!!!

No comments: