Friday, December 01, 2006

It's gonna be a great month!

The month of December is my favorite month of the year... people are nicer, the weather is great, people actually talk about Jesus, we get to give and receive presents, and we get to have parties!! Tonight I am having a little Christmas slumber party for the girls in Elevate full-time.

I really felt that God wanted me to connect with these girls on another level, and I thought this would be a great opportunity to do it. They are all amazing women of Christ and challenge me all the time to grow and learn and be more on fire for Jesus. I can't wait for tonight!!

Tomorrow, Chris and I get to go have our pictures taken and our Christmas cards made! I am so excited that this is our first Christmas as a married couple! People have asked why we don't just get a wedding picture put on a card, but there are a couple reasons I decided against it. #1, this is a Christmas card, not a wedding card. #2, we wanted a card to commemorate our first holiday together to cherish for years to come. Anyway, I am really excited :)

Also, we played this video at church a couple months back and Pastor Dino has it on his blog- http://216.70.117.172/me_english.htm. Check it out- it might rock your world.

And here are some more things I am grateful for- day 11 of my new great habit!!!

I am thankful for the extra money God gave us so that I could put together this little party for some amazing girls and get some beautiful Christmas cards made.

I am thankful for cable TV so I can watch The Practice every morning and Without a Trace every night.

I am thankful for Children's Cup and the events they put on and the love they give those special kids in Africa who all have my heart.

I am thankful for friends who offer to cook for us.

I am thankful for a job I love to come to every day.

I am thankful for a husband who trusts God first, and me second with our finances.

I am thankful for all the recent campaigns to fight the tragedies in Africa.

Until next time....

No comments: