Thursday, November 16, 2006

God is NOT a liar

I sit here and realize that last night was too powerful for my simple words, but for the sake of blogging, here's my best effort.

We did things a little different. Mike was feeling more of a One Way worship, altar, prayer flow.
We kicked things off high energy, pumped up, rockin' and rollin'. After a couple songs, we sat down while Mike welcomed visitors and took the offering. Then it was time for a Holy Ghost throw-down! We sang some incredible songs and the worship team really ushered in the Spirit. I didn't make it too long standing up- I sat down and cried and prayed to God, repenting for not fully trusting Him with our finances.

After amazing worship, Mike got on stage and talked about tests. Job 23:10 says, "But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." It's great to know that what we're going through is just a test- it's not forever. And when we get through it- because we will get throught it- He will make us pure as gold. I don't think I ever stopped crying. I needed it. I felt like I was crying out every disappointment, every frustration, every trick of the devil. We went to the altar and cried some more. The songs the worship team sang were perfect. Mike came and prayed over us.

When I thought the ministry was over for the night, I got to talk with my friend Angelle for a long time after service. She is such an amazing woman of God and spoke some powerful things over my life. She was my encourager.

Today is a good day. I trust God... He is who He says He is. He will do what He says He will do. He is NOT a liar. His promises are true. We are being purified so that we can be like gold. Today is a good day.

No comments: