Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Late Nite '07!!

Only four days til we kick off Late Nite '07!! We are super pumped to see the amazing things that God is going to do this year. I am so honored to get to be part of the team making it happen. Who woulda thought, just a few years ago, that God would use ME of all people?! It is a very humbling thing to see His grace in action. I have really felt a call to holiness the last few days. I mean, we are all called to be holy (in the Greek, to be "set apart"), but this change has taken my awareness of it to a whole new level. HATE sin and LOVE righteousness. That's what we gotta do. Mike sometimes refers to me as a "Kamakaze Christian" because I am so "hard core"... others sometimes remind me to work on having grace with people... but I will not be easy on myself in this area. My pursuit of excellence is only going to increase this year, and I will not apologize for it!!

On another note... my mom and I went to go see Freedom Writers last Friday afternoon. WHAT a good movie! There was a couple rough spots, but overall, I went away with such a feeling of "I can do anything" and it was great. It's a true story about a teacher who changes the lives of some kids who had a really tough life in Long Beach after the Rodney King riots. Race relations there were horrible. They all killed each other just for their color- and not just black and white, but hispanic and Asian as well. Last night, Chris and I went to Barnes & Noble so I could buy the book. When we got home, I couldn't put it down. The book is journal entries from the students over their four years in Ms. Gruwell's class. As much as I love the inner city, you must KNOW I love this book!

Finally, I would like to pledge to blog more... my loyal blog readers have gotten annoyed with my lack of blogging- I will promise to make time for it... but ONLY if you sometimes leave me comments so I know you are out there!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, we're out here! :)
i love to read your blogs...if for no other reason but to give God Thanks every time I see the good things He's doing in your life!

Anonymous said...

We are here...I enjoy reading daily post from people I can look up to spiritually. Thanks