Wednesday, January 10, 2007

His grace is sufficient

That verse in the bible (2 Corinthians 12:9) took on a whole new meaning for me today as Stacey and I discussed His grace in our lives. Her mom had called her cell phone and left a really cute message, and Stacey said something about having one the greatest moms on the planet. As well all know, I ADORE my mother, so we got to talking about it. As we talked, we contemplated the fact of how truly blessed we are to have such great parents. I mean, really- I was born in America to a middle-class family, I have ALWAYS had food on the table at least three times a day, put there by two very present and active parents. They still help me financially when I need it and they helped put me through Elevate so that I could live my dream... and now I get to work at the greatest church in the entire world, with the most amazing people on earth and do what I love every single day. I am married to this incredible man of God (who happens to be my very best friend) and we have a great place with brand new things. On top of all that, God has put more dreams in my heart that I know He will bring me through.

I was not born in Cambodia or Uganda or somewhere that disease runs wild and poverty is the norm. His grace in my circumstances is enough to constantly fill me. But He doesn't stop there- He pours out His grace in a new way every single day! He pours it out when I ask for it and when I don't deserve it. He unleashes His amazing grace all over my life- in my heart, mind and spirit. Without that grace, I would be the ugly, drunk, messed up girl I once was... but this prodigal daughter came back... and He was there- once again- with open arms... and now I get to live a life I once only dreamed of.

His grace is sufficient for me.

No comments: