Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Happy Birthday, Chris Kinney!!

This weekend was all about my amazing little brother, Chris. Well, maybe I shouldn't call him "little". He stands a whole head taller than me, but he will always be little to me!! Saturday was his eighteenth birthday, and boy did I feel OLD! I am so proud of the man he has become. He is loving, kind, considerate, unselfish, sensitive, loyal, smart, humble... the list goes on. I feel so blessed to have a brother who isn't scared to give me a hug and a kiss in public and tell me he loves me. I see so many teenagers who blow off their family,curse, drink, smoke, rebel- but Chris really has a good head on his shoulders. I think it must come from living with me and my mom for so long. He saw the Hell I put her through when I was in high school, but he also saw my transformation and our love spilled out on him. Plus he has an amazing father to watch and learn from. My dad has always been very present and active in his life, which is something a lot of kids these days don't have. My brother is so very special to me. I have always been proud of him, but never as proud as I am now. I was so glad I was able to spend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings celebrating him and his life. He deserves a party everyday. Ok, I just love that kid!

Moving on... my other Chris (fiance) and I had an amazing weekend together, too. We were pretty much together all day everyday except when we were sleeping (obviously!!). He always comes and serves at church on the weekends when I work services. This weekend I stage directed alone for weekend services for the first time. Kim was a huge help and I was able to get the job done! It was just what I needed- I was definitely not confident in my "Five Star Girl" abilities, but after 4 smooth services, I feel much stronger now in that area. Chris was with me serving, worshiping, and praying his heart out. He truly displayed the love of Christ this weekend- he gave up our Saturday night with friends to go be with my brother on his birthday, he came and served at four services without ever being asked to do so, he cooked me a slammin' breakfast yesterday, and treated me with kindness, compassion, patience and true love all weekend. We grew so much over the last few days both as a couple and as individuals in our walks with Christ. I am so glad God has put united us to do life together. There's no one else I would rather have by my side.

One more thing, I gotta give a shout out to my loyal blog readers... especially my boy Eric. He served it up this weekend at all the services and was a great "podium pusher." He and his beautiful daughter always brighten my Sunday mornings with their bright smiles and huge hearts. Keep up the servant's spirit :)

And by the way, only one month and one day til I become Mrs. Matt!!!

No comments: