Wednesday, September 20, 2006

It's raining showers!!!!

We traveled to the massive city (ha ha ha) of Kingwood, TX for Chris' family's shower this weekend. We had SO much fun- I think everyone needs that much clean fun pretty regularly. Speaking of "clean", among all the glorious prizes we got, our favorite was our amazing vacuum cleaner!!!
Chris also thoroughly enjoyed an oven mitt.

Sunday we got to go to the Astros game and sit in a SUITE. Talk about the high life! I am spoiled rotten now. That was my first MLB game and I got to sit in an air conditioned suite with amazing seats and all the food and ice cream you can eat! And I feel like Dr. Seuss because I just rhymed.

Anyway, we always have the best time when we go visit Chris' parents. And his brother and sister are really amazing kids. I wish they didn't live so far. I mean 4.5 hours isn't a lifetime away, but I would so love to just be able to pop in over there anytime. The good news is that we get to see them every month from July-December of this year. Some visits are shorter than others, but they are all a blessing. I can't wait til Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years when we get to spend a little more time there.

I have been a really unfaithful blogger lately and haven't even blogged about my girl shower a couple weeks ago. It was just girls in the wedding and family, but Gena Bohl and Sarah did an amazing job putting it together. We had SO much fun and everything looked and tasted great.
Gena made me the coolest shadow box. I like it more than all the stuff that we registered for! I got to spend time hangin' with the girls and just loving my life. It was a really great night!

I am constantly amazed how much people have gone above and beyond for us. My showers and parties have been more than I could have ever dreamed of. But the best reality of all is that I get to marry my dream man in just 16 days. It's truly a wonderful life!

No comments: