Thursday, July 06, 2006

great day in the neighborhood!

Ok, so we once again- as always- had an incredible staff meeting. Bishop T.D. Jakes was in the house... hehehe just kidding! But we did watch a KILLER video of his teaching at the C3 conference at Ed Young's church. I took 6.5 pages of notes. I really wanted to share some with you, but I honestly believe that typing all that would take 6.5 years to do and it would take you 6.5 years to read and digest, so I will try another day. It was just way too exciting! I love that kid.. so anyway, I have decided to share some life-affirming statements that Mike brought the house down with last night at Late Nite... Get ready...get set... get changed!

I’m in Christ because I understand that failure is an event, not a person; that yesterday ended last night and today is my brand new day.
I’m in Christ, my past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.
I’m in Christ because I know that success (a win) doesn’t make me, and a failure (a loss) doesn’t break me.
I’m in Christ because I am filled with faith, hope, and love and live without anger, greed, guilt, envy, or thoughts of revenge.
I’m in Christ because I am mature enough to delay gratification and shift my focus from my rights to my responsibilities.
I’m in Christ because I know that a failure to stand for what is morally right is the prelude to being the victim of what is criminally wrong.
I’m in Christ because I am secure in who I am, so I am at peace with God and in fellowship with man.
I’m in Christ because I understand that others can give me pleasure, but only Jesus can satisfy the hunger in my soul.
I’m in Christ because I am pleasant to the grouch, courteous to the rude, and generous to the needy.
I’m in Christ because I love the unlovable and give hope to the hopeless, friendship to the friendless, and encouragement to the discouraged.
I’m in Christ because I look back in forgiveness, forward in hope, down in compassion, and up with gratitude.
I’m in Christ because I know that “He who would be the greatest among you must become the servant of all.”
I’m in Christ because I recognize, confess, develop, and use my God-given physical, mental, and spiritual abilities to the glory of God and for the benefit of man.
I’m in Christ when I stand in front of the Creator of the universe and He says to me, “Well done, my good and faithful servant. Enter into my rest.”

2 Corinthians 5:17- Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature; old things have passed away and behold all things have become new!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks so much for this. i really needed to be reminded of these things today for some reason. i needed to be reminded that i am a new creature... thanks girl! ash