Friday, April 06, 2007

Broken ankles and old friends.

So, last night my fearless leader, Mike Haman, broke his ankle while playing an intense game of kickball with his 8 year old daughter. While sliding into home, he put his right foot underneath him and rolled on it, causing it to pop and break in a bad spot- he will be having surgery on Monday. Needless to say, he won't get to be a part of all of the Easter weekend services as we had planned, and he is majorly bummed out! As much as I hate this for him, I know that this staff is facing opposition, and that means something great is coming! Angie Bellard and Sherri May both have a broken foot, Pastor Dino's back has been hurting, and a very pregnant Gena slipped and fell on a wet floor in Jason's Deli. Add all this in top of sickness going around and Mike's ankle, and I know the devil is MAD! Let's continue to pray for the harvest this Easter- I can feel something amazing coming!!

Also, my old youth pastor from First Methodist lost his daughter, Marianna Wimberly, to lupus and Chrone's disease on Monday. Her brother and sister were friends of mine for a long time & we all grew up in church together and attended youth camps together throughout the years. Though I haven't spoken to them in quite some time, my heart and my prayers are with this family as they endure this difficult season ahead. You can read about all her life here- she was dedicated to making other people's lives better and worked with children in hospitals. I pray her life is a testimony to the grace and love of the Father.

1 comment:

Connie Firmin said...

You know, I was thinking the same thing...how'd the surgery go? Praying for quick speedy recovery!