Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Yay for Chick Day!

This weekend was so busy, but so fun! Chick Day was incredible. I know so many girls poured all their blood, sweat and tears into it and it definitely paid off. The food was great, the fashion show was the funniest thing I have ever seen, and the message April Simons brought was truly life-changing... the shopping was great, too. I got to hang out with my mom and we had a blast! I love my mom. She's really the greatest. She's definitely my very best friend besides Chris... I really can't say enough nice things about her. And yesterday I got to hang out with my daddy... He's the greatest, too. I've always been such a daddy's girl. It's truly a blessing to have such a strong relationship with my Father in Heaven AND get to have such amazing parents here on earth. It's something I do not take for granted. Plus I have the greatest husband, brother, and in-laws. I mean, what else does a girl need?

The devil tried really hard to steal my joy yesterday- like REALLY hard. And I did break down and cry a couple times, but after I was done, I was able to thank God for His blessings and put all my faith and trust in Him again. I know I have made progress in that area, and yet I still feel that I have so far to go. But to be honest, it's way better to just trust him and remember all the times He has come through instead of worrying and crying.

So Devil, just keep on trying. It only strengthens me. During this holiday season I am going to keep my eyes on the One who gave it all for me.

No comments: