Monday, June 11, 2007

Here I go...again!!

Hey guys, this is Chris checkin' in again. Many of you may have forgotten about me already or possibly most of you may just not care that I'm actually contributing to this blog now, as noted by the multitude of you that commented on my post last week. Thanks Gered, for your one lonesome comment!!! It was much appreciated.

Anyway, I was reading through this book that I read during my quiet time alone with God and I was struck by one of the statements that I read in the pages. The title of the chapter was "Be a voice, not an echo!!" What a strong statement! I could stop there and we could all go about our merry little way and be extremely blessed, but I must share a more compelling thought from later on in the chapter. The author goes on to tell the story of how the CEO of a large hospital system in Texas changed the state of the business by his attitude towards it. His attitude is contrary to the that held by most in business, which is, "No Margin, No Mission". His attitude is the opposite, "No Mission, No Margin." In other words, "If you are Living your mission, you Will make a profit."

I just thought I would share this with all of you. It was really a compelling thought to me. We all have a purpose from God and it is crucial for our success. Pursuing your God-given purpose in life will provide you with more fulfillment than you ever thought possible. You should try it!!

Do you need a little margin in your life? Start living your mission!!!!

What are your thoughts? (insert comment now)

1 comment:

Gered Lambert said...

I like that thought. That sounds like a really good book and you'll be a better employer by reading 1 or 2 books like that per month! So, keep reading.

The book that has impacted my life the most in the last 2 years was "Half Time" by Bob Buford. It's thesis is moving from living a life of success to living a life of significance. It's probably the #1 influence that convinced me its time to walk away from my cushy "plant job" and impact marriages & personal finances for The Kingdom.